Friday, May 4, 2007

Day 4 - So it happened

Yeah, right it happened.
No.1 Ubermanproblem,
O V E R S L E E P.
But I wasn't satisfied with some hours, nooo... I like it Super Size. 11 HOURS!
I went to bed for my 7.20pm nap and awoke on day 5 6.15am. And I don't even know why. Right before my nap I made my first tofu meal with my father and I was curious of how it would taste. I was in a rush to complete my nap. And then it happened.
My father tried to wake me up after an hours, but just by yelling at me, not by real force which was pretty useless. So he decided to let me sleep...

The rest of the day wasn't much different than the day before: I was sleepy between 12.30am and 1.45 am, then recovered pretty fast and started the day by taking out the dog for a walk. After that I had my 7.20am nap, satisfying at least, and went out to clean some staircases for the old ladies. I was back right in time for my 11.20am nap and had no problems waking up at all.

I was not tired at all, I didn't even yawn one time the whole day after my 7:20am nap. I found Eledees (Elebits in the US) for Wii in my mailbox and played for 1 or 2 hours. Then suddenly I couldn't keep my eyes open and screwed up the level I actually played. As soon as I turned off the Wii to surf in the Internet my fatigue was gone.

My 3:20pm nap came and once again just like every time before, I woke up, turned out the alarm and stood up. No problem. You see, I really don't have any hint of why I overslept. I checked my alarm, the timing was right, he should have rung. Well, maybe he didn't, I can't say that. The last time I ate something was at 12am so I shouldn't have any impact on my second nap after that.

Soo... Solutions:

  • I think I will try to sleep on my bed without a blanket and fully dressed. I didn't do that before, because I was more worried to fall asleep than to wake up properly. I should have done that earlier since I was sometimes (day 2-3 I guess) very confused when waking up. I will sleep on the magical dream couch as much as I can and say goodbye to my bed
  • I will stop using my alarm and instead try Placebos sleep track. The white noise shouldn't bother my parents although they sleep in the room beside me. I will disconnect my keyboard from my PC (I'm already using a USB extension cable, so I won't have to crawl behind my PC) to not be able to use the pause button. Of course I will be able to shut down the noise by turning off my surround system, but it will be hard to find the off button when I'm sleepy. I will try to get used to reconnecting my keyboard, so that I don't even think about turning off my sound system.
Well, maybe I should try to sleep without my blindfold. I used it from the very beginning and don't know if I am able to sleep without it.

After all that happened, I won't lose my confidence. I felt good most of the time (About 9/10) and was only sleepy at night. My first 4 days went better than I ever thought they would and I was able to do about everything I want, except reading. This is a drawback, but since I felt so good the first days, I think this doesn't bother me that much. I have months to get used to this after all!



Diese Seite zu Mister Wong hinzufgen

No comments: